Thursday, February 16, 2012

Finding Others...

The subject came up the other night about finding other "Realists" who may live in your area and who are concerned about the same kinds of things that you may be preparing for.
If your thinking about adding more people to your group, then you should ALWAYS start with people you already know and trust. Now the first thought that may have come to your mind is, "My friends will think I'm crazy." and yes, they might, but you will be surprised at how many of them ARE concerned and just didn't know where to start or were afraid to say anything to you fearing that you might think they are crazy one.
Try mentioning things in small talk about canning food, or talk to a computer geek about the software you use to keep track of your food storage. You may really be surprised at how people will grasp at the chance to find out more information on how they can help themselves. By starting with people you already know and like, you don't run the risk of letting someone in on your plans that may use them against you later.
When my friends hear me talking about buying another 150 lbs of sugar because it was on sale, I tell them its for the Zombie Apocalypse. Some laugh it off, but a few others have come back to me and asked "Really?". This is when it gives me a chance to explain that I'm stocking up for any emergency, so that my family and I could make it through tough times should the need arise. This usually brings on lots more questions and before you know it, they are coming to you and telling you about a great sale on 55 gallon drums and they picked up a couple for themselves.
If your not obsessed with the end of the World, you shouldn't come across as crazy...well, at least not any more crazy than the rest of us.

No comments: